Thursday, August 22, 2013

Can You Mail It?

I love to make cards with dimension and texture and a lot of layers. And then I end up paying a lot of postage when I mail them, since they have to be packed so carefully. So it is a challenge for me to make something that can be mailed for the regular rate, and have it be a design that I still love. So I am challenging myself to do that more. Semi-flat, but something that still has layers. Today's card is a start to that.
I used my favorite winter set by Flourishes, Snow Day, and made a pink and white Christmasy delight! I stamped the skates in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in using Copic markers. I love the Pearl Pink Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon
and thought it was a perfect complement to the designer paper and feel to the card. The rhinestones add a little bling, but not so much that it increases the bulk or the postage!

All of the layers are held together with that fabulous Scor-Tape
 
There are a lot of wonderful chevron patterns in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store. Just type in "chevron" in the search window!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Snow Day (Flourishes) Paper: Sweet Tooth (Poptone), Six by Six DP (MME) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Accessories: rhinestones (The Paper Studio), embossing folder (Cuttlebug), banner die (The {Stamps} of Life), Pearl Pink Chevron Grosgrain (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Scalloped Circle and Circle dies (Spellbinders)


10 comments :

  1. It is soooo beautiful, and a really cool card, that should be able to be mailed flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very classy!
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card.I hate having to pay so much postage too.I must try as you've shown it can be done.Love the colours and what a lovely image too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Every time I see that image I want it. I am in a shopping mood today.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! and I try to keep everything mailable too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!!I try to stay mailable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and love that it's easily mailable!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say