Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Altering Burlap Center Stitch Ribbon


Hello, Ribbon Lovers! It's Kathy here with a quick tip for altering your Burlap Center Stitch Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I made this really fun, grungy masculine card with the All Geared Up Collection from Heartfelt Creations, and I wanted to use ribbon to add some texture and visual interest to it.


The open weave and natural color of Center Stitched Burlap Ribbon made it the perfect choice, but the color was just a teeny bit off, and I wanted the ribbon to match the grunge vibe of the card.  What to do? The fix was quick and easy!  I just added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to my sponge applicator and lightly rubbed it over the ribbon before I tied it with my Zutter Bow-it-All.  I used the "helping hands" to hold the ends of my ribbon in place, and wrapped twine tightly around the center of the ribbon to give it a little more "fluff."


Once I took it off the Bow-it-All, I used my craft pick to fray the edges to complete the grungy vibe I was going for.  I just love the way it looks!


I used a 7" piece of this same ribbon as a belly band on my card, but left it in it's natural state because I liked the way it matched the papers here.


The inside of the card is simple, and carries over the colors from the front.  Easy peasy! You can find a complete tutorial for this card on my blog today.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say