Sunday, November 30, 2014

Getting Creative With Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon


Oh, happy day crafters!  It's Karen here today; and let me just say that I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to get in the rut of making cards almost all of the time.  OK, maybe an occasional mini album here and there, but for the most part......LOTS of cards.  So, I thought I'd try something different, and I encourage you all to do the same.  It's almost Christmas, which is the perfect time to treat yourself to some new ribbons and trims from the AWESOME selection at Really Reasonable Ribbon to get you started.


My card was made with some lovely patterned papers which I machine stitched for that "home-spun" feel.  Then, I added a length across and a bow made from the gorgeous Sun Rose Seam Binding.  By the way, our Seam Binding comes in a rainbow of gorgeous colors.  At the top, I added some paper strips with a sentiment, and to the top right you can see a loop of the amazing Natural Wire-Edged Pink and Burlap Trim.  I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful this ribbon is; and.....again, it comes it several amazing colors.


For this little spool decoration (my adventurous "something new"), I used a vintage wooden spool that I wrapped in patterned paper and I tied some Deep Pink Solid Baker's Twine.  I stuck a paper straw in the hole, and topped it with a coordinating embellishment.  I added a nice big fluffy bow made from the lovely Sun Rose Seam Binding, and behind the embellishment, you will see another decorative length of the beautiful Natural Burlap Wire-Edged Pink Stitched Wide Ribbon.
You know, most husbands don't know what we really want for Christmas.  SO.....to avoid getting another fluffy pink bathrobe or a new vacuum cleaner, why not leave a subtle little note on his dresser that says something like this...."Christmas Ideas - Really Reasonable Ribbon Gift Certificate or RRR Ribbon Club".  Hey, a girl needs her ribbon, right?  Just a thought.
Happy crafting, everyone!

3 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say