Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Bluebirds and Peacock Alley Seam Binding

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Bluebirds are associated with happiness and joy.  I think that must be true, because this Christmas Bluebirds Easel card with Peacock Alley Seam Binding makes me really happy!


As much as I love traditional Christmas red, green and gold, I find I'm really enjoying working with these shabby chic pinks and blues!

If I had to choose just one type of ribbon to use for the rest of my crafting life (heaven, forbid!) I would have to choose seam binding ribbon.  It comes in a rainbow of beautiful colors and ties perfect bows every single time.  You can custom dye plain white seam binding ribbon to match any project.  you can wet it and crinkle it to make a messy, shabby bow.  Used the way it comes off the spool, it ties the most gorgeous soft, loopy bows.  Yep.  It would be my number one ribbon choice for sure.


This shabby chic bow cluster tied with my trusty Bow it All Tool starts with a triple loop Peacock Alley seam binding bow.  I topped this with a loopy string bow of metallic gold string.  I'm loving this slightly thicker string that Bonnie is carrying in the shop right now.  I find it is easier to tie, and less likely to kink.  Then I added pink vintage velvet dogwood blossoms to complete the bow. 

Here's a peek at the finished card interior.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and joyful Christmas!

Cheerio,
kathy

2 comments :

  1. gorgoeus!
    Merry Christmas !🎄🎅⛄

    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so soft and gentle! I love the vintage shabby chic style. The colours you have used are so pretty. All that and the chocolate inside. The best kind of card ever.
    Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say