Tuesday, April 10, 2018

What's the Buzz? Queen Bee Mixed Media Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Spring must well and truly be coming, because I spotted my first buzzing bumblebee yesterday! He was just hanging out on the deck, catching some rays.  It did my heart good to see him, and it also inspired me to make this Queen Bee Mixed Media Card with beautiful Really Reasonable Ribbon.


I happen to love bees, so any time I see bee themed crafting goodies, they have a tendency to wind up in the Closet of Shame. This 5" x 7" mixed media card features a digital image from our very own Ginny along with some bee themed papers I found a while back. 


Maize Taffeta Ribbon and 3/8" Black Quatrefoil Print Satin add just the right pop of color and texture to this collage.



Pockets filled with sweet treat can be found inside the card.


I've topped this Staples Square tag with more of the Black Quatrefoil Print Satin ribbon, Burlap String Bow and some sweet WOC Open Roses. Crocheted lace adds another textural element to this mixed media collage tag.


Then I created a little tea wallet to tuck in the upper pocket.  This darling journal card is another digital image from Polly's Paper. 

Here's a great way to use up those little leftover pieces of ribbon.  I've hot glued them under the vintage button!  It adds such a nice finishing touch, and gives a ribbon scrap a new life. And if you're making a bee themed card, you'd better include a honey stick to go with the tea, right?

All this talk of bees and honey and tea has caused me to crave a cuppa!  Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say